“PowerPoint is one of the most pervasive and ubiquitous technological tools ever concocted. In less than a decade, it has revolutionized the worlds of business, education, science and communications, swiftly becoming the standard for just about anybody who wants to explain just about anything to just about anybody else.” This was written in the Chicago Tribune more than 15 years ago, and it still remains true today.
In the market research world, PowerPoint will remain the dominant method for survey reporting for at least the next several years. The latest annual MR Technology Report says that 57 percent of respondents indicated that they believe PowerPoint reporting delivery will remain in the lead for three to five years. So why are some companies trying so hard to move away from this familiar and widely-used program? The latest estimates show that 1.2 billion people worldwide are Microsoft Office users, and this alone should make us take pause.
Instead of struggling to implement new solutions across teams and companies, market researchers can work natively in PowerPoint to deliver survey reporting that all stakeholders can easily digest. Five reasons you should use this ubiquitous method for your reports include the ability to:
- Share insights from your data in a way that everybody can understand. PowerPoint is still widely used a the primary delivery platform for study insights and outcomes. Why? Because everyone can read it and use it. From a company CEO to a research analyst, from a brand manager to a sales person in the field, PPT formats are easy to utilize, understand and share with all stakeholders.
- Avoid complicated implementations of new solutions. Speed continues to be a primary goal in the market research space. Implementation of any new technology or tool includes a steep learning curve and can meet with resistance. Making the change can take precious time that your team and client does not have. Working in PPT allows the workflow to continue uninterrupted.
- Add data dynamically with OfficeReports. One of the main arguments against using PowerPoint for reporting is that new data must be added manually and painstakingly. With OfficeReports, you can dynamically transfer data to automatically update graphs, charts and tables within your slide deliverables.
- Data visualization that meets client needs. It’s all about the story that the data is telling us, and clients need that story presented in a visual way that is easy to understand and share. PowerPoint allows stakeholders to easily grasp top insights at a glance, in a format with which they are already familiar.
- Create templates automatically with OfficeReports. Because our solution is integrated directly into PowerPoint, you can work natively in a program you already understand. This approach eliminates common complaints about PPT being too static, or needing to be manually updated with data and the creation of report templates.
Using PowerPoint for your survey reporting needs, with the seamless OfficeReports integration, just became a whole lot easier!